Friday, March 10, 2006

From My Bed - Asthmatic Years performed by Shalini Sree

Asthmatic Years by At Ziafrizani Chek Pa will be performed by Shalini Sree. This is a story of a girl’s adventure with asthma. Listen to her moan about her miserable life as a child. A life of ‘sireh’ juice and fried river snail and of enjoying every playtime inside the house and being the burden to the family of a small income. Thus, she decided to commit suicide.
This story was among other stories I wrote back in my university days and was picked by the whole solo performance class to be performed at TAS Dataran Merdeka in 2002. The performance received a good review from friends and the press. Since then, I almost forgot that I have written it.

When I looked at Shalini, suddenly I remembered this piece and make her try it. It works. For a very healthy girl with no experience with asthma – even to the extent of how it happens – she does work well with the character.

Shalini is currently a student in Kemayan College doing her A Levels. She has been actively involved in her former school (Convent Butterworth) Drama Club and has represented the school to state and national level drama competition. Perhaps another prospect to Penang theater scene? We wait and see.

From My Bed is directed by At Ziafrizani (12am)

Dates
10th (fully booked!!!!), 11th (only half left) and 12th March 2006 @ 8.30 pm
Admissions by donations
RM15 (Adult), RM 10 (Student)
Venue
The Actors Studio Greenhall Penang
Bookings
04 263 5400 / greenhall@theactorsstudio.com.my

other links : http://www.kakiseni.com/
http://www.theactorsstudio.com.my/

*Seats for Friday 10th is fully booked!!!!!
*Only 40 more seats left on 11th!!!