Saturday, January 21, 2006

This come out in the January issue of Living Arts Malaysia

Greetings from up north

Three years ago I came up here from that bustling KL wondering how my art life would be. The first six month, I couldn’t barely breath the air of performing arts, I was so caught up with my work and almost said good bye to the performing world.

But I know I wasn’t ready to say bye bye at that time so silently (at first) I read and read scripts that I have with me over and over again till late at night. Things goes on for months until it has come up to the moment where I was acting the whole script by myself in front of those humble soulless soft toys (yes, it’s mine) with the TV, the washing machine and the refrigerator as my acting partner. Horrifying wasn’t it?

There was so much cultural events happening in Penang but I seem to be very far behind the hectic schedule of theirs. Then this one fine day, while taking a friend from KL and myself sightseeing in Penang, we stumbled upon the office for Penang YTL Arts Festival committee. Thus a kind of funny meeting with the officer there starts my new performing life in Penang.

Never looking back, the journey has been quite awesome and very much enjoyable. From acting to directing to producing and now I’m supervising TASGreenhall (a friend once suggested …“Just called yourself manager la since you are the only one here”… hmmm… same thing what). Now I am among the first person to know on anything ‘Arts’ going-on in Penang. Felt like heaven siot.

Well, that’s about it for now, wait for my entry next month. K bye!!

Art@Greenhall

7 comments:

Pegawai Khalwat said...

Funny? Where funny?

Sir Mute Key Chicks said...

Erm..Penang??art guy???seberang jaya??

artisticklytouch said...

haah...y? u dont believe ah?

Sir Mute Key Chicks said...

hehehe..me at teluk air tawar..I just found ur blog adress at sinaga-naga's blog..hehe

Pegawai Khalwat said...

Internet merapatkan silaturahim...

Amin!

lotsachi said...

haha. i can imagine you acting and puppeteering your toys and appliances. if u put it on stage, it'll be hilarious ;) it's possible, u know. think of a play-in-a-play. want me to direct you? hehe...

anything is performance. :)

artisticklytouch said...

eh, lotsachi... hehehhe hmm..that sounds good but come back here first la..how to direct me all the way from there?